Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Organizing my files.

I recently started following I Heart Organizing for organizational tips. I am probably the biggest neat freak. I color code my daily planner. I spend hours deciding whether it was best to organize my closet by color or by style (long sleeves, short sleeves, no sleeves, sweaters, cardigans, etc.) And I am constantly re-arranging my bedroom. So, finding this blog sparked a million more organizing ideas and makes me anxious for my future apartment/home.

It was time to clean out my night stand from bills that were piling up. I was starting to forget to open those envelopes and transfer them to my filing box. (I still paid my bills thanks to my planner.)



Notice how I used sticky notes as my tabs. Lame! I needed a makeover and with the boyfriend out for the evening having a guy's night, I had all the time in the world. My one and only stop: The Container Store. And lucky for me, there was an office sale going on! 




I started separating file folders for student loans, credit cards, car information and income tax forms. Other miscellaneous paperwork that had no home but felt was too important to throw away I decided to put in a box. It keeps the room looking clean. 


As for the envelope holder that you saw earlier in the photo with all the office supplies I bought, it's sitting on my nightstand with future payments that need to be made. It reminds me that I have pending bills to pay for when for whatever reason I am not looking at my ever-so-colorful-and-organized planner. Just in case!





1 comment:

  1. Your closet's organization is admirable! Hence, seeing how you are as organized with your files is not surprising. Grouping and labeling all your files accordingly will make finding what you need easier. Also, sorting and keeping the most important documents separately will remind you of their value. Good going!
    Williams Data Management

    ReplyDelete