Thursday, April 11, 2013

It’s Swimwear Season! (Almost)


I’ve always known Texas weather was bi-polar but this year the weather has been wild. It’s April and our days have been low 40s and high 70s, with a couple of April showers. What’s wrong with you, Texas? Fiesta season is starting in just a couple of weeks and I need it to be hot. Also, I’d like to start putting my new swimsuits from Victoria’s Secret to good use. I am in dying need of some color on my skin. I'm starting to look like Casper, the friendly ghost. It’s time to lay out in the sun and tan!


Speaking of VS swimsuits, I’m not entirely sure how I feel about this year’s swim line. The stores don’t have a wide variety of swim options. I had to order online which was difficult. I don’t like online shopping (hold it! Let me finish…) for SWIMSUITS. Trust me; I am very much a fan of online shopping. With swimsuits, the styles all fit differently. You need to find the perfect one. I like to mix-and-match tops and bottoms. It allows for more options to change up throughout the summer. I accidently bought black bottoms. I’m dumb. I meant to buy white ones because I already have black ones from Pac Sun. Oops! I’ll have to send it back to exchange. These are my swim wear options:
The first top on the left is from last year’s swimwear line. I bought it towards the end of the summer and didn’t get to wear it at all so I’m excited to wear it this summer. It’s extremely comfortable. I wish they were selling that style again this year. I would buy it in every color.

Any suggestions on where to buy cute swimwear? Victoria’s Secret has always been my “go-to” store for swimwear. I’d like to try something new. I could use one more swimsuit option to my collection, right?



Maybe not. But it doesn’t hurt to look! 

OFF TOPIC:

The weather may have been crazy lately but it was PERFECT weather Baby Bake weekend. It amazes me how the timing is always perfect for my favorite event of the year. It was nice seeing old friends and professors at one of the most anticipated alumni events. It's been a while since I've stepped on St. Mary's grounds and I was impressed by all the changes. I mean, there's a Starbucks in the library and a Chik-fil-a in the University Center! Where was all this when I was an undergrad? 

I did miss out on the annual Fatso's event for Greek and student organizations BUT it was for a good reason: the Chi Phi 25th Anniversary Gala. It was nice to dress up again. In case you don't follow me on Instagram, here's a collage of photos from this past weekend's events.


Winston made an appearance in the collage because he was in Victoria, Texas with my boyfriend's parents for a week. He's finally back home!

Until next year, Baby Bake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment