Monday, May 6, 2013

A New Found Love: Austin, Texas


Happy Monday! I am a happy, happy camper because I had such an amazing weekend. It was First Friday which could only mean one thing: Pub Run. The theme was “Favorite NBA team” so of course, I was sporting my “Go For Cinco” San Antonio Spurs shirt. GO SPURS GO! Saturday was a very relaxing day. My boyfriend’s work had a bowling fundraising event. I have not stepped foot in a bowling alley since Lord knows when! I was a little rusty, so rusty that I insisted on using bumpers. Don’t judge. We asked our lovely married friends Candace and Alex to join us. My boyfriend’s family was in town so his little brother joined us, too. It was a great way to spend our Saturday afternoon. My boyfriend showed off his bowling skills and beat us in both games. He’s such a small town kid! We didn’t get the memo that it was 80’s theme. That explained the one team next to our lane all decked out in 80’s attire.


Sunday was very spontaneous. My friend Gaby and I decided to buy Jason Aldean tickets last week for his concert in Austin, Texas. We figured – why not? Despite being exhausted from Friday’s Pub Run and Saturday’s bowling, I was determined to close out my 3-day weekend (I had Friday off) with a bang! It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon to walk down South Congress and enjoy the atmosphere. We met up with one of our sorority sisters who now lives in Austin and ate at Guero’s. Lucky for us, Hey Cupcake! was right across the street. It was a must do after our delicious lunch. Guero’s fish tacos were amazing and their margaritas were delicious. It was Cinco de Mayo, we had to! After a great lunch and awesome cupcake dessert, we had to walk it off by shopping. You would think living in San Antonio only about 80 miles away from Austin that I would visit often but no. I seriously fell in love with the city. Their food, small boutiques, music, atmosphere and the Domain – it was all beautiful. I am in love. I may just have to move there someday.


After spending what seemed like hours at H&M, we headed over to the Austin360 Amphitheater for the concert. It was such a great show. Thomas Rhett and Jake Owen opened up. I love country artists because they put on such a good show. They’re very down to earth, chill and interact with their fans. Jake Owen took photos with fans, grab some of their phones and recorded the audience and himself singing. Jason Aldean was just amazing from beginning to end. I will say though, he tricked the audience into thinking Kelly Clarkson was there performing during “Don’t You Wanna Stay.” I would post the video but you can hear my friend and I freak out, believing it was really her. Technology these days! It’s scary.


Overall it was an AMAZING, but I mean AMAZING show. We had great seats for buying them so last minute. I didn’t know the amphitheater was new and had just opened. It was outdoors and a great set up. We’re looking forward to going back in August for Keith Urban. It was also conveniently located off of the TX toll road 130.

Austin, you swept me off my feet. Weekend, you were great. May is being good to me already.

No comments:

Post a Comment