Friday, May 31, 2013

Guest Blog Post: Mikaela

Please welcome one of the sweetest bloggers I've met - Mikaela. She has been so helpful throughout my blog journey and has made the experience wonderful. Even more fabulous is that she will be soon moving down to the beautiful state of Texas! Take a look at her guest blog post below and make sure to stop by her blog to say hello!

----


Hello everyone! My name is Mikaela, and I blog over at Mikaela Rae where I dump all my adventures and thoughts on life.
Thanks so much to Jasmine for having me guest post on her lovely blog today :) She's my new blog obsession so I'm quite a happy camper to get a chance to write for her myself!
Today I'm going to share with you some tips on how to brighten and "summer-ize" your home/room!
Something that's really exciting me this summer is bright bold colors. I'm getting ready to move into an apartment next year so I'm attempting to get organized now (you'll soon find out I'm freakishly organized once you get to know me). 
I don't think I've ever met anyone who has told me they don't like coming home to a wonderfully styled bedroom to relax in - so hopefully I'll give you some good ideas :)
I've always been in love with mint/seafoam green/light blue hues in combination with pinks and white (hence my wedding colors). This summer, mints and peaches are very very popular - walk into any clothing store and you'll see what I mean. But there's plenty of ways to create a space that will have beautiful colors that happen to be popular that won't waste your money once the next season comes around. I've always loved these colors so I was super happy when I started seeing them everywhere - but luckily, they've always been beautiful no matter what's in style. 
Pick products you love!! 
They don't have to match perfectly. If you love them, most likely they'll work together. You want the things in your home to represent who you are, so don't think you can't pick something you think is beautiful just because it's not exactly what you saw in a store or online somewhere. People are attracted to things that are unique and different - so choose being you instead :)
Buy locally if you can. 
Some of the coolest finds are in local boutiques and stores. I've found some of my favorite pieces from local places. And the most satisfying thing to me is making people wonder where I got something from, because it means it's something that not many people have - and as another plus my purchase has helped a local business, which I think is super important. 
Less is more. 
This goes for most things. But especially in the home, the less stuff you have lying around the bigger the space looks. Less clutter results in a fresher, more inviting space that not only you, but everyone who visits you will love to spend time in. 
Hope that helps inspire you to do some spring cleaning and refreshing if you haven't already! I'd love for you to stop by and say hi! 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely decor ideas. I love mint and seafoam green shades, but I don't love wearing it - this post inspires me to bring some of those shades into my room instead.

    ReplyDelete