Sunday, May 12, 2013

In Honor of Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

My momma is the most loving, giving and patient woman in the world. I am thankful to have a mother who supports me in every decision I make and believes in me. She sacrifices so much for her family. Today (and every day) is her dedicated to her. 


This year I wanted to the entire city to know how much she means to us, so I bought a Mother's Day ad for her in the newspaper. She's like my sister, extremely shy and finds these things embarrassing but what the heck. It's a gift she would've never expected and I wanted to take her by surprise this year with unique and original gifts. (Plus, I think she has enough Vera Bradley aprons to last her a while.) 


And I was right - she blushed and couldn't believe it. She found it quite embarrassing but smiled about it. She's now enjoying much needed quiet time and a nap before dinner where I will present her with her second gift - a framed art design that lists her daughters' birth dates that reads "Some of my greatest blessings call me MOM" but in Spanish. (For those of you who don't know, my parents are originally from Mexico. My mom speaks only Spanish.) 

I'll update the post with a photo of her reaction (if she lets me. She doesn't like pictures either.) 

Hope everybody enjoys Mother's Day with their mommas!





No comments:

Post a Comment