Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Maxi Skirt, Denim Vest, Fedora Hats - It's Summertime!

I went a little cray cray at Banana Republic this past weekend. 

40% off all shorts, sleeveless shirts and short-sleeve cardigans!

It was a sale I could not pass up. I went into Banana Republic with one purpose only - to find the red maxi skirt that I've had my eye on for the past week. Unfortunately they didn't have it in my size in stock so I had to order online. While I waited, my eyes were wandering throughout the entire store. The sale was calling my name. I told myself - well, I do need new work clothes. I also need new outfits for the upcoming family trip (that's not until mid-July!) so, I gave in. I had a pile of clothes to try out. Numerous outfit ideas were running through my head. Everything I tried on I fell in love with. I'm pretty sure I was shopping for an hour. When I got to the check out and saw the overall total (even after the promo and applying a coupon I had) I soon realized - I have a shopping problem. I am a shopaholic

I think it's time to ease down a bit because there is no longer room in my closet. Eh, who am I kidding? A girl loves her clothes and I love spending my money where I can see it - in my closet. 

The red maxi skirt is on its way to be delivered to my lovely home but I'm already thinking of some cute outfit ideas for a Texas summer day out in the sun. I never thought I'd like maxi skirts or maxi dresses but after I bought my first maxi skirt from Arden B (see post here) I thought I'd give the maxi skirt a try.


I'm ready for summer! I'm ready to try new summer outfit ideas. :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi there! Glad to have found your blog via Mikaela Rae! I love this maxi skirt - especially in a color like red! I'd love to branch out into the maxi skirt trend.

    Oh, I pretty much live for sales racks... especially at places like Banana Republic! I recently went crazy at The Gap. Oops :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya! I actually just went to Gap yesterday. BIG MISTAKE. I came out with pants, shorts, dresses, shirts and cardigans. It was a smart purchase though with the Memorial Day weekend sale and an additional coupon I had. I love stores that let you use multiple coupons! :)

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog through Mikaela's also! I am loving your blog! Anytime Banana Republic is having a sale you better believe I will be there haha!
    Can't wait to get to know you better through your blog, pretty lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like they're ALWAYS having a sale. There's another one coming up in June. Haha.

      Delete
  3. Sooo cute! Also found your blog through Mikaela's and am excited to get to know you girl!! LOVE this outfit!!! adorable! love from Nepal, Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely loved your guest post on her blog. :)

      Delete