Monday, June 10, 2013

Bachelorette Talk

When I first found out that the next bachelorette was going to be Desiree Hartsock (also known as Dez), I was ecstatic! I loved her on Sean's season of the Bachelor and was convinced he was going to pick her as his future wife. When her first episode aired on Memorial Day, I was disappointed. I was not digging the batch of guys at all. For the first time in bachelor history, I missed an episode of the Bachelor/Bachelorette last week...and I didn't really care to go watch it on Hulu to get caught up.



Tonight, I thought I would give the Bachelorette one more try, despite Dez's constant use of the word "amazing" throughout the show. Why give the show another try? 

1. It's about someone's journey to finding true love. (Except for the fact that only 2 or 3 couples have remained happily together after the show.)

2. I love hearing what the cast of Kidd Kraddick has to say the following morning. It's hilarious! I love following Kelly Rasberry's live tweets on Twitter during the show. 

3. There's always the SMALL chance that Josh Abbott Band will tweet about the Bachelor/Bachelorette again. (They tweeted about Sean's season and I nearly died of laughter.)


Week 3, let's see what you got!

Already, I've lost interest.
Dodgeball as a group date? Not feeling it.


To the dude on the blue team that said "It was intense. We went balls to the wall." .... I mean, really?

The guy on the red team who is on the floor "in pain" because he broke his finger. Bro, it's dodgeball. Man up. One of the most painful feelings you've ever had? Don't talk to me.

Alright, so 15 minutes into the show and I'm already over ABC. But I'm toughing it out just so I can see the girlfriend walk in and call out her "boyfriend." 

Why are these guys so eager to open up to this girl about their "past" just 2-3 weeks into the show? Take it slow. Don't rush this process. "Love is patient, love is kind." Come on, boys.

And OF COURSE there's anther guy who has a little boy. Surprise, surprise. I knew it. 

I spaced out after that "confession" so I decided to head on over to Twitter to read along with Kelly Rasberry. Turns out, she's not live tweeting tonight. Bummer. 

THE PHONE CALL from Chris Harrison.

Can it be anymore staged? I think I'm done watching the Bachelorette. It was worth a shot. I think I'll just read Reality Steve. I'm extremely disappointed with how the show turned out. I was really hoping I'd enjoy watching Desiree's season. She seems like such a sweet girl who truly wants to find the man of her dreams. I wish her the absolute best and hope that one of these guys turns out to be her prince charming. Every girl deserves to find the man of her dreams and fall in love. Every girl deserves a happy ending. 

Are you watching the Bachelorette?
Did you tough it out?

Let me know what you think. Maybe I'll consider watching it again later on. Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment