Friday, June 28, 2013

Flashback Friday and 25 before 25

Happy Friday!

Instagram has the whole "Throwback Thursday" (in other words: #tbt) thing going on. For my blog, I wanted to do something similar but on Friday's like "Flashback Friday" that way you can get to know me a little better week after week. Hmm, whachathink

 photo flashbackfridaysororitylife_zps1583adb7.png

Fall 2009. The semester my little sis rushed Tri Sigma. The semester I became a big sis. It's was the most exciting semester in college because I had the privileged of picking up a little and showering her with wonderful gifts and guiding her through her sorority journey. Greek life truly is an amazing experience that helps you grow. Joining a sorority played a pivotal role in my college life.


I just started following fellow Texas blogger, Kristen from Making Each Minute Count.

She recently posted kind of a bucket list, her 24 hopeful wish lists to meet before her 24th birthday. I decided to participate in this idea and take a stab at it, except for me it's going to be

"25 before 25"
(before a quarter of a century)

1. Become active.  Ever since I went all big girl status with my first full-time job out in the real world, the extra pounds have been stacking up. Nothing drastic but enough to force me to have to buy five new pair of jeans. Freshman 15? More like Post-grad life 15. It's time to take action and get up on that elliptical. 

2. Go to the movies more. My boyfriend and I just recently started committing to this. We realized we were slacking on movies when the Academy Awards and Golden Globe Awards aired and we didn't recognize half the movies. 

3. Pay off all credit cards and one loan. You may recall from my 2013 Goal: Pay Off Debt post that I designed a budget plan to where by the end of the year I will have paid off all my credit cards and at least 1 of my 4 student loans. I'd like to commit to that and succeed.

4. Learn how to cook. I can't always be eating out at restaurants. I want to put those Pinterest cooking recipes to action and learn how to make delicious pasta, lasagna, spaghetti, chicken - I want to learn it all.

5. Get my own apartment. My goal is to get a raise at work, pay off that 1 out of 4 student loan and save up enough money to move out. I don't want to make the move until I am financially stable. It's the smart thing to do. 

6. Visit Nashville. The city of country music. I am a huge country music lover. I want to see everything Nashville has to offer. 

7. Give Winston a sister/brother. I want my little baby Winston to have a play buddy. He needs a buddy to keep him company during the day while my boyfriend and I are at work. I'm thinking a white little maltese? I doubt my boyfriend will agree with this but hey - I have a year to convince him! ;)

8. Go indoor skydiving. I have been dying to try indoor skydiving. I don't have the guts to do skydiving (at least not yet) so I figured this would be the closest thing to it. And, Austin now has indoor skydiving! 

9. Take my boyfriend to the Natural Bridge Caverns. He's never been and we really want to do more touristy stuff that around town. 

10. Buy a Macbook Pro. I think it's time to upgrade to a bigger screen. This little white Macbook is time to go.

11. Run a marathon. Preferably the "Color Me Rad" one. I mean, if I'm going to run I mind as well go big with it, right?

12. Go zip-lining (again.) I went zip-lining over Fremont Street in Vegas and the adrenaline rush was insane. Never in a million years did I see myself doing that. I want to take it up a notch.

13. Ride the Stratosphere roller coaster ride in Vegas. I've been to Vegas so many times but have never had the chance to actually go on the ride. It looks insane!

14. Treat my sister to a mini-shopping spree. She's been raiding my closet lately and always complains that I shop a lot. I want her to feel like she can shop and not have to worry about it. That's where big sis comes in. 

15. Complete the ENTIRE pub run route. We never seem to finish pub run. We only stop at five bars (at the most) and for once I'd like to go to all ten. 

16. Read more books. I want to discover more books to expand my imagination. If you have any good book suggestions, leave a comment below!

17. Go kayaking in Austin, TX. It something I would be scared to do. You could flip over and drown! But I'm sure it'd be a great experience.

18. Fill up my piggy bank all the way. My boyfriend bought me a princess piggy bank a long time ago, like back in my early college days, for my dorm. I've always been curious to see how much it holds.

19. Buy the complete set of the Harry Potter book series. My sister took all of my books. We're huge Harry Potter fans.

20. Try one class of CrossFit (just to see what it's all about.) I'm not about all that CrossFit hype. Who am I kidding? I probably won't. Have you read the Stop Crossfit article on Post Grad Problems? Hilarious.

21. Enjoy a nice dinner at the Tower of the Americas. I have lived in San Antonio all my life and I've never had dinner up there. I hear it's nice but that the food isn't great. I figured I would give it a try, despite the 50/50 reviews.

22. Clean out my closet and donate the clothes. Whenever I clean out my closet I always take it to a buy/sell clothing store to get some extra cash. I want to change that and donate it. Someone else needs the clothes more than I need the extra cash. Someone else will give it a greater value than the $2 per clothing item a buying clothing store will offer me. You can't put a price on clothes on someone's back.

23. Eat healthy. I love my fast food but I want to live a long, healthy life. I need to cut back and eat healthy to stay in shape.

24. Buy a Nikon or Canon camera. I want to capture the times I decide to go on spontaneous trips with my spontaneous vacation crew. I want to capture the memories made on family trips. I want to provide better photos for you guys on this blog! (Really, I want to post photos of Winston in HD. Just kidding!)

25. Get a shiny new ring.  I mean, a girl can dream, right? The clock is ticking and this girl wants her Cinderella story. :)


NOW FOR SOME BACK THAT AZZ UP FRIDAY.









No comments:

Post a Comment