Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Should I expand my Apple family?


Lately I have been going back and forth with deciding on whether or not I should dip into my savings account to buy an iPad mini. (I know, I know. I’m supposed to be saving but hear me out.)

Last Christmas my dad bought my mom an iPad and she is hooked. She absolutely loves it. It’s extremely convenient for her and very user-friendly. It was the perfect gift for her. She no longer uses her computer which I think is amazing. I’m happy for her because I would see her constantly struggling with typing out the link to websites and navigating through Facebook. She used the computer for two things only – banking and Facebook. Now, she feels like she’s on top of the world with her iPad and has even figured out how to watch some of her favorite novelas on it!

Why have another iPad in the same household?
For starters, I plan on moving out at the end of the year. My goal is to completely pay off 1 out of 4 of my loans prior to making that big move and have a decent amount of money saved it. (Crazy goal, I know. But thanks to my strict budget plan, the goal is looking more and more realistic.) I want to be financially stable and ready for that move. So, it wouldn’t necessarily be a second iPad under the same household for long.

Convenience. There are times when I'm in bed and I realize I have to make a payment or send out a quick email. I don’t want to have to get up and start up my computer again for one small task and an iPhone has such a small display screen that it tends to get frustrating. Sometimes I like to just lie in bed and watch YouTube videos or read some of y’alls lovely blogs. It’d be so much easier with an iPad mini. It would make life so much easier (or lazier.) I wouldn’t have to worry about a large laptop heating up and burning my legs. I mainly use my laptop for projects, writing, design work, research, etc – for the more time consuming projects.

But you already have a NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight!
I know, I know. The poor little NOOK is gathering dust on my nightstand. It was a spontaneous buy that I enjoyed for the first 3 months. I wanted to get back into reading. I went through reading 3 books on the NOOK and then suddenly became distracted with reality television. I do want to go back to using it again. I enjoyed reading during my lunch break while at the nearby park. It was relaxing. The NOOK is mainly for reading. I probably should’ve just bought the NOOK HD to avoid this dilemma.

iPad mini Wi-Fi 16GB



$329.99

Now, if I buy an iPad mini I would have to buy a cute iPad case and I already found just the right one. 
  

You can never go wrong with Kate Spade designs and this one matches perfectly with my desk area at the office. It’s a perfect match waiting to happen!

What do you think?
Is it worth the buy? Should I hold off in case Apple decides to suddenly come out with a new version of the iPad mini? The pros and cons are pretty much neck in neck!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, stopping by from the link up! Considering that you admitted that you recently made a big purchase on impulse and now don't use it, I'd wait at least a month before giving in to buying the ipad to see if you still want it. I've tried it before, and it really does help weed out the impulses so that you can get stuff you really want. Btw, congrats on having a plan to reduce your loans and move out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's something I really need to think about and figure out if it's worth the buy. I'll definitely give it more time to think on it. & thanks! Student loans are a lot and I hear stories on how it takes YEARS for some people to pay off but then I've read stories where it really is possible to pay it off in a short amount of time if you make some sacrifices. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Ashley. Big purchases are always worth it to wait and think it out!

    I found your blog thorough Wildcard Wednesdays! I'm a new follower now because I love you blog. I'd love if you'd check mine out too if you have time!
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I checked out your blog and I LOVE all the DIY and recipes you have! :) I need to try some of them out.

      Delete