Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekly Wishes



Weekly Wishes Link Up!

This week I decided to participate in The Nectar Collective's link up where you set a goal or challenge for yourself for the week.

What's my goal for this week?

Set time aside for myself.
I know it probably sounds crazy coming from someone who literally just got back from vacation but coming back to an inbox full of emails and a mailbox full of upcoming bills can be overwhelming. I'm the kind of person who wants to tackle everything in hopes to be free of stress but instead that adds stress. There are a million things I want to do but not enough hours in the day. It's frustrating and it can take a toll on your health. 

I want to learn how to balance life and set time aside for relaxation. Whether it's going for a run late at night, going to a 6AM yoga class or even going to a nearby park during my lunch to read the latest Cosmo magazine, as long as it allows me to escape my worries and ease my mind of all stress, then I've succeeded. I'm hoping a routine will come out of this. Everybody deserves a little "me time" and sometimes we forget to keep up with it. Set a time aside to doing what you've been wanting to do for a while. Clean out your closet. Reorganize your files. Sign up for a gym membership (A chuckle just slipped because I've been "planning" to go sign up for a gym membership but my booty loves the couch and my money is liking the view of the inside of my closet. But I will get to it!)

Do you set time aside for yourself? 
What's your "me time"?

Thank you Melyssa from The Nectar Collective for starting such a motivational link up. It's a reminder that we need to continue setting goals for ourselves in an effort to better ourselves as individuals. I'm excited to take part in this weekly link up. 

Want to join in on the fun? 

The "Weekly Wishes" link up rules are easy. 

1. Share your posts about your goals, challenges, or wishes for the week, month, year, decade, whateverPosts completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.

2. Link back to this site so others can get their goal-setting on, too (You can use the button below!).

 photo weekly-wishes-button-yellow_zps1b1df431.jpg

3. The most important rule of all! You MUST visit the person’s blog who linked up before you and leave them some motivating comment love. This is non-negotiable and is such an important part of this linkup! We are here to encourage each other to accomplish our goals. Let’s do this together! Can’t wait to visit your blogs and see what you’re wishing for this week!

7 comments:

  1. You go girl! Setting time apart for ourselves can be really hard, and recognizing that you need to is definitely the first step. Good luck!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely tough when you have a million things on your "to do" list that you want to finish first.

      Delete
  2. That's a really great, valuable goal. I try to make running or yoga my 'me' time so that I can kill two birds with one stone and work on my health too. Reading is another favorite 'me' time activity of mine! Thanks for joining the linkup! And good luck taking care of yourself this week :) xx

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to pick up my nook and start reading again soon. I need to start looking for some new books to purchase on my nook. :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful goal. I think its essential to get some down time for yourself. I normally fill mine with reading, drawing something or just sitting still to empty my brain of all the stuff thats running a million miles an hour lol!

    Enjoy your me time! Happy Weekly Wishes :)

    DaisyBisley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I could sit still to clear my mind but it makes me even more nerves and just doesn't work well with my anxiety, haha. But definitely reading - it distracts me from thinking. Happy weekly wishes! :)

      Delete
  4. Such a great goal! It's kind of my goal for the summer...last summer I worked waaay too much and just collapsed every day! It wasn't a good way to live. Making time for yourself is so important, I hope you are able to make your goal happen this week!

    ReplyDelete