Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday's Letters



Dear Winston - You need need a grooming session as of last week. We are horrible parents who keep pushing back your grooming appointments. But this weekend we will take you to get all fresh and squeaky clean because Sunday you will be leaving us for a whole week. We'll be in California while you be enjoying time with your grandparents. I'm going to miss your sweet kisses. Dear work - You're killing me but it's okay because vacation is SEVEN days away now and I'll come back even more pumped and ready to tackle any new challenges, but until then...

Dear God - Please (continue to) give me strength. You have been so good to me with giving me countless signs that I will overcome every hurdle tossed my way. Whether it be through song or verse, I know YOU are by my side every step of the way.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9


Dear California - I will be seeing your beauty next weekend and I cannot wait to dip my toes into Venice Beach.

Dear baby sis - Good luck with your PCAT next week. You've been studying your butt off and I knew you are one step closer to pharmacy school.

Dear Texas heat - I hate you so much.

Photobucket

I plan to have a chill weekend (with a drink or two here and there) and start packing, so my Back That Azz up jam is very chill. I'm feeling country. I'm obsessed with Eli Young Band's new song "Drunk Last Night" It's blaring in my car every morning on my way to work. (As if I got a little drunk the previous night but we all know post grad life is lame and that no longer exists.)

Drunk Last Night by Eli Young Band on Grooveshark







9 comments:

  1. These were great letters and I hope you have a ball on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to enjoy a little vacation. :)

      Delete
  2. Haha...Texas heat. My mom once drove us out to Texas during the summer to go house hunting, because she so desperately wanted to live by her best friend. Did I mention we went in the summer? It was such a disaster and there was no way she could convince any of us to move into that oven of a state lol. I still love to visit though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Aw, yeah. Probably not the best time to pass through. It's really a love/hate relationship. I love my state but those hot days are killer. But, nothing a trip to the river or a day at the pool can't fix. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been slacking on getting my dogs groomed too so I feel the same. and so exciting you're going to California soon :)
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I actually finally got to getting him groomed BUT they did not do such a good job (that's what I get for trying a new place).

      And ahhh yes. I'm counting down the days. Thank you!!

      Delete
  5. Good luck for your sister :)
    Got you from Nadine's blog & connecting now, woot!

    Areeba @ Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. She's been freaking out. I can't wait for her to be done & be able to enjoy her summer. :)

      Delete