Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Link Ups


Happy Monday! I don't know why or how but today I woke up on the RIGHT side of the bed.  Remember how in my "Friday's Letters" blog post I was seeking strength and courage to overcome some recent struggles? I seriously woke up today with a positive attitude and a new confidence to tackle any challenge. I feel pretty good. And if you don't know yet, a couple of years ago I was actively involved in ACTS. Recently I feel like I've been getting these signs that it may possibly be time for Women's ACTS now. Before I felt like it wasn't my time yet. It's a huge step going from Teens and Young Adults to - dun, dun, dun. Women's ACTS. Or maybe I'll go to one more Young Adults one first before I decide to do Women's ACTS.

Anyone involved in ACTS? Any advice?



Weekend Shenanigans! The weekend flew by fast. The boyfriend and I spent our weekend with his friends. He wanted some time with the boys (and girlfriends) just like the good old days. It was nice. Good times, lots of laughter. We also finally made it a point to take Winston to get puppy grooming which, ugh. Where do I even start? We decided to take him to Petco this time to try it out and I was not happy with the service at all. $50 for a "trim" which really was nothing. He came out looking exactly the same, just detangled hair. They didn't even trim his nails! Trust me, I noticed right away when he jumped on me and I felt every scratch. Never again. We're sticking with Petsmart.

I did, however, have some great weekend buys. (1) New flats. Aldo had an online sale a while back that I could not pass up. I am in desperate need of some new shoes. I am loving the studs all over these flats. (2) New movie. Spring Breakers is finally out! I kept going back and forth on whether or not I wanted to buy it. Not because I didn't like it. I liked the movie. It was mainly because I am not one who likes to spend money on movies. I prefer spending my money on clothes. I caved and bought the movie thanks to my boyfriend who always thinks it's a good idea to buy a new movie. (3) New weekender bag. I've had an Amazon gift card from my birthday back in April for a good while. I was saving it for a new iPhone case for when I get a new iPhone (my 4S is slowly dying) but I saw this bag and it was a done deal. With all these spontaneous trips, I need a good size carry on bag.


Sami's Shenanigans


And lastly,

Weekly Wishes Link Up with Melyssa from The Nectar Collective.



Last week: Failed at painting a canvas and going to the pool. I really wanted to succeed with this weekly wishes. I have been wanting to paint one for a while but I just never get to it. And the pool, well. Sunday seemed like the perfect day. My friend and I went to a tent sale that a cute little boutique was having. It was extremely hot. After 30 minutes of browsing through clothes racks, we decided to go have some delicious margaritas at La Gloria where, thanks to our luck, we were seated outside. We were dying from the heat. We decided we need to hit the pool after until...it started to get cloudy. Just our luck. So, FAIL at both wishes.

This week: Be free of all worries. Vacation is just around the corner and the last thing I want is to be stressed and frustrated when I board that plane to California. I have been blessed with a free-spirited mind lately that I want to maintain that positive, carefree feeling and just enjoy the now. Short and simple, but it's true.

 photo weekly-wishes-button-yellow_zps1b1df431.jpg

13 comments:

  1. That sucks that it got cloudy like that so quickly! The weather here has been a little iffy too :<

    Your goal this week is pretty awesome! I wish you the best in achieving it and that you have a blast in California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! The weather just got worse but we need need the rain. :)

      Delete
  2. I truly believe that a positive attitude is the first step to happiness. Wishing you a worry free week and a wonderful {and sunny} vacation!

    <3 Kim
    A Moving Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree. Thank you for your sweet words! Positivity is key. :) Hope you have a wonderful and positive week as well!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited to see Spring breakers, Vanessa is superb! I hope your wish will be completed, keep calm and smile :)

    Areeba @ Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it. They all played their part so well! And I'm a huge Pretty Little Liars fan so I loved that Ashley Benson was in it. :)

      Hope you have a beautiful week!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jasmine!

    I had to come check out my blog twin. :) I also wanted to let you know that you're a no-reply blogger, so I couldn't email you back in response to your comments! Blogger has been automatically reverting people a lot lately, so I wasn't sure if you were aware.

    Thanks for stopping by Chasing Happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Thank you for the heads up! I switched to a new email for my blog so that's probably what threw it off.

      Delete
  5. I am in LOVE with that outfit!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this. love the outfit too. too cute. :D

    I found you thru another blogger and now I'm your newest follower.

    Hope you'll stop by my blog and check it out and follow me back.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    HAVE A GREAT MONDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you learn how to be worry free, LET ME KNOW! That is not my strong suit! Haha.. Hang in there!

    This Lovely Little Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE your skirt, it's beautiful! So glad to have found your blog!

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog. I got here from Nectar Collective and just love it. I was taken by the whole design of your site. SO beautiful!! And I had a uick question. What app/program did you use to do that black circle/text for your Weekly Wishes post? I noticed the circle is transparent and I cant seem to figure out how to do that in PicMonkey or the app- Over. I love it! Thanks again!

    emily
    manhattanemily.com

    ReplyDelete