Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekly Wishes + Bloglovin

Oh, Monday. You came too soon. 
Lucky for us, 4th of July is this week which means HOLIDAY, off from work on Thursday. 

Unfortunately, I've been feeling a little bit under the weather. I don't know if it's allergies or if I'm getting the cold. Whichever it is, it needs to stop because I'm feeling miserable. So, sorry if this post is scattered. My brain is foggy. 

But it's Monday and I've been looking forward to Weekly Wishes! 



Last week: My goal was to make time for myself. I feel like I kind of succeeded but not really. I wanted to succeed by actually going out to the mall and buying the small little items that I've been wanting to buy. Small little things. I wanted to paint. I wanted to go to yoga. What's my reason for not doing any of those things? My "me time" ended up being me getting all caught up on all my favorite shows that were stored in my DVR recordings. I mean, I'm talking about: Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Pretty Little Liars, The Client List, The Bachelorette, The Voice (yes, I'm that behind) - everything. So, I guess in reality I did succeed because I just wanted to be in my PJs and eat ice scream while I enjoyed television. 

I also spent time with my family. I don't go to Mexico that often anymore. I literally only go once a year but this past weekend my cousin was getting engaged and she wanted the whole family there. (Yes, she know it was coming. It was planned for both families to come together for the proposal. Both parents talked and gave their blessing before the proposal happened.) I honestly did not feel like going only because I was exhausted but I dragged myself out of bed and into the car for the drive to Mexico. I am so glad I went. It was beautiful and she really appreciated my presence there. She didn't think I would make it and was so happy to see me. She's one of my closest cousin's and I would have never forgive myself had I missed that big moment in her life. 

Congrats to my cousin! 
June 7, 2014 - let the countdown begin!



This week's goal? Schedule a catch up date with friends. It's a short work week so there should be no excuse for hanging out with friends and catching up. I've been so wrapped up with work and getting back on my work grind since coming back from vacation that I realized, I need girl talk like now. A happy hour date with the girls will be a good time to catch up and see how we're all doing. We all have busy schedules and I'd love to get a couple of the girls together for a catch up date. 


Want to join in on the fun? 

The "Weekly Wishes" link up rules are easy. 

1. Share your posts about your goals, challenges, or wishes for the week, month, year, decade, whateverPosts completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.

2. Link back to this site so others can get their goal-setting on, too (You can use the button below!).


 photo weekly-wishes-button-yellow_zps1b1df431.jpg

3. The most important rule of all! You MUST visit the person’s blog who linked up before you and leave them some motivating comment love. This is non-negotiable and is such an important part of this linkup! We are here to encourage each other to accomplish our goals. Let’s do this together! Can’t wait to visit your blogs and see what you’re wishing for this week!

Also. Google Reader is leaving. Don't leave with Google Reader. 
Keep in touch with my blog and follow me on bloglovin'.

 photo bloglovinfollow_zps8d5ad1e3.png

8 comments:

  1. A catch up date sounds like so much fun! Theres nothing better then rambling about nonsense to a few close friends to relieve stress!

    Hope you have a peachy keen week!
    -Remi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will definitely be a lot of rambling from one topic to another.

      Thanks! I am loving the peachy keen title of your blog! Absolutely adorable.

      Delete
  2. I love this weekly goal! Getting together with your girlfriends is always so good for me, as I am sure it is for you! Gather around some good food, kick up your feet and catch up. {This reminds me, I need some phone dates with my best girlfriends!}

    Have a wonderful week!

    Belinda
    www.foundlovenowwhat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phones dates! That's awesome. I don't remember the last time I talked to a friend on the phone. It's all through text. I should definitely make it a priority to call instead of text. I only talk to my boyfriend on the phone.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. That's such a great goal. I always procrastinate friend dates...I just feel like I don't ever have time! But when I do, even an hour or two is so much fun and a good way to relax. Good luck with your goal! xx

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! That's exactly why I made this goal. I'll always say yes to committing to a get together or going out but then end up not showing up. It's horrible. I feel bad.

      Delete
  4. I love your goal! Mine is kind of similar. I've been needing to spend time with friends that I haven't seen or talked to in a long time. I have a lot time now so I don't have an excuse not to! I hope you were able to catch up with your friends :) And your "me" time sounds absolutely fun and relaxing! We all deserve some "me" time every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes I do have time but I become selfish and want the time for myself, which is totally okay sometimes but I need to remember not to always be selfish with my free time. :)

      Delete