Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekly Wishes Link Up


It's Monday, and you know what that means?
No, not the Bachelorette. I'm over that show.  Just kidding, I'm watching it right now. I'm a sucker for reality television. It's entertaining. 

But it also means: Weekly Wishes Link-Up! 

Let's see how I did. 

Last week’s wish: Catching up with friends. 
It was great to catch up with a good friend/sorority sister. We’ve been busy with work and spending some time with our lovers after being gone in Vegas for vacation. Since Vegas we hadn’t had time to catch up to see how life is treating us since going back to reality after a nice vacation.


Original photo via Pinterest / Me Oh My Blog. 

This week’s wish: Paint a picture and go to the pool. 
I have a white canvas that has been sitting in my closet for months now. I have seen so many easy paintings on Pinterest that I feel could really add some color to my bedroom. I want to finally get to that this week/weekend. After adding some color to my bedroom, I need to work on getting some color on my SKIN! I though I got a pretty good tan in Vegas but apparently not. I need to lay out by the pool and enjoy the latest Cosmo magazine on a nice Saturday afternoon. The weather has been great. I almost went Sunday but I decided to go shopping. I had a Zara gift card from my birthday back in April which I had completely forgotten about. Isn’t that the best feeling? Finding a gift card in your wallet is like finding money in a pair of jeans. Lucky for me there was a sale going on this weekend at Zara so I found some great buys and still had money left over in my gift card! Check out my brand new scarf (which will be perfect for my trip to California next weekend.) and a perfume (I’m trying to expand my perfume collection.)



Want to join in on the fun? 

The "Weekly Wishes" link up rules are easy. 

1. Share your posts about your goals, challenges, or wishes for the week, month, year, decade, whateverPosts completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.

2. Link back to this site so others can get their goal-setting on, too (You can use the button below!).

 photo weekly-wishes-button-yellow_zps1b1df431.jpg

3. The most important rule of all! You MUST visit the person’s blog who linked up before you and leave them some motivating comment love. This is non-negotiable and is such an important part of this linkup! We are here to encourage each other to accomplish our goals. Let’s do this together! Can’t wait to visit your blogs and see what you’re wishing for this week!

10 comments:

  1. It's always so great to catch up with friends and I always feel super charge after being with good company. I like your goals because they have to do with relaxation! Good luck getting out to that pool and don't forget to turn over periodically. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed that! I guess I'm always in need of relaxation after a long work week. Plus it's summer! :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. A great tan is good. What's the weather like over there now? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely hot. Honestly, sometimes I hate it. Mainly when I get in my hot car and it takes a while for the A/C to fill up my car with cool air. Haha. :)

      Delete
  3. Love your goals. Hope you have fun giving that canvas a new lease of life. How great is Pinterest for ideas, I've been looking at it for about an hour a day now trying to find some inspiratoin for our hall.
    Good luck getting to the pool too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm excited to finally give it some life and a little bit of color. My white walls need life. I literally have paintings and photo frames stored in my closet, waiting to be hung.

      Thanks! I'm excited for pool time.

      Delete
  4. Love your goals!! This week my goals are to finish DIY projects and one of those is a canvas wall! ^_^ Pinterest is a godsend!! When i DIY i like to sit on the floor in the living room put on a good tv show on my Apple TV or listen to some fun music!! ("Indie Dance" is my favorite station on Pandora) It definitely makes a fun environment for crafting :)

    Good Luck this week! Ooh and have fun by the pool!
    xoxo,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see yours! Oh, and I like your idea of playing your fav Pandora station while painting. I'll definitely have to give that a try. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you were able to catch up with friends! It's always great :) I hope you're able to paint! That sounds like a lot of fun and you're able to be super creative. I wish I could paint!

    Have fun here in California. You'll have a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the best painter but it's fun and it's exciting. You should definitely give it a try. :)

      Aww thanks! I'm super excited to go to California. It'll be a nice change of weather which I'm really looking forward to.

      Delete