Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday!

These past few days have been great thanks to plenty of time spent with the family. My cousin came into town and stayed with us for a week. I was very happy that he had an eventful stay with the family. He went to Warped Tour, Six Flags, the movies. Oh, the movies. Have you guys seen The Conjuring yet?


I was not aware that this movie included a doll. Small fact of the day: I have a fear of dolls. Porcelain dolls, life size dolls, scary dolls. I am so afraid of them that I didn't even keep my last doll from my quinceanera. I nearly walked out within the first 5 minutes of the movie. Luckily my sister was next to me telling me when to close my eyes. Aside from that, it was a great movie. It was scary! I have a love/hate relationship with scary movies. Can anybody else relate? 

FRIDAY // Tax free weekend and I did some major damage, shoe shopping damage. There is not need to even explain, I'll just show you:


Thanks DSW and Nordstrom Rack. Three pair of shoes is kind of a lot but I couldn't pass them up. It's hard for me to find shoes that fit me because I wear such a small size. That's a valid excuse, right? Good enough for me.

Moving on with the weekend recap. Speaking of MOVING ON. Fifth Harmony was in town at La Cantera and performed. Unfortunately I couldn't make it. Work. But my sister and cousin were there shopping and she was nice enough to send me a video. I'll admit, I liked Fifth Harmony on The X Factor. They really improved with their singing and performing. Good job, Simon Cowell. You will now be extra rich with your two successful groups - One Direction and Fifth Harmony. And he still has Emblem 3 rising up. 


SATURDAY // Quinceaneras (Sweet Sixteen parties) are no longer the same. The dresses changed. The dances changed. The crowd changed. The music changed! I mean, they were playing Adele and Rihanna. Because I'm sure a 14/15 year old is struggling with a break and belting nevermind I found someone like you, I wish nothing but the best for you. No, just no. My sister and I had a blast singing along, people watching and taking numerous selfies. 


We were both sporting our nerd glasses for a sweet sixteen. 

SUNDAY // It was a beautiful Sunday spent with my family BBQing. I rarely go to Mexico to visit so my grandma was extremely happy to see that I was starting to come around again. It's a hectic life but the more I'm starting to visit, the more I am realizing that it is important to make time make that weekend trip to see my family. Mexico is just so darn hot but I will cross that bridge and visit more often. Yearly wish for next week's Weekly Wishes Link Up?

Speaking of weekly wishes, I'm slacking bad but I am happy to say that I am running! I have made it off of that couch and started running. Five minutes it I quickly realized I was extremely out of shape. But there are several fun 5K runs coming up that I really want to participate in without dying. Here's to running!

How was everybody's weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment