Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 8 of the Thankful Project: Words


I was going to wait until tomorrow to hop onto the Thankful Project by Kenzie from Chasing Happy, but I couldn’t let today’s topic pass by: words.

Words can be used to express your feelings, whether they be good or bad. Unfortunately, sometimes words are misused and can be hurtful. It doesn’t always have to be that way. Words can be, and should be, seen a positive. Today I want to share a book that I stumbled upon a year ago and continue to refer to when times get tough. Rather than browsing through “life quotes” on Pinterest (which, don’t get me wrong, I love them because there are some pretty encouraging words out there!) I go to a little book called “It’s Never Too Late: 171 Simple Acts to Change Your Life” 



You may remember it from my “What’s in my handbag?” post. The book reminds me that it is never too late to do anything. Start fresh. Start a new career. Work out. Change your routine. Forgive. Let go. Fall in love. Make memories. Pretty much anything and everything you could possible think of.

The book never fails to surprise me with the great words of encouragement. Books that contain powerful words of encouragement are constant reminders that all things are possible. I highly recommend this book to keep by your nightstand or carry in your bag. The book includes 171 simple acts to change your life, below an example of one:

It’s never too late…to learn from mistakes.


There are several other small books with great words of encouragements, notes and reminders that I go to. I will have to make a note to blog about those other books in the future.

Do you have a book you always go for powerful words of encouragement?

No comments:

Post a Comment