Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 YEAR IN REVIEW

Goodbye, 2013. Hello, 2014. While the Facebook offers a "year in review" feature, I prefer looking back at my year through some of my favorite blog posts (and Instagram photos) throughout the year. It's been a year full of blessings, adventures, challenges and losses. I look forward to the year 2014.  


 JANUARY 
Apparently I'm not the only shopaholic struggling with having to fit clothes in a small closet since the most popular post this year was small closet space organization. Of course, since then my closet has become even more cluttered, forcing me to reorganize it to fit more unnecessary clothes. A revised small closet organization tips post is in the works for 2014.


FEBRUARY
Other than the fact that I established a good budget plan to pay off debt (which I still use today), February was also a jam packed month with the rodeo, 4 year anniversary and Valentine's Day.


MARCH
The month my life changed. On March 4, 2013 J and I met our little pup Winston and our world now revolves on this now 7 pound Yorkshire Terrier. Since then, I have become a crazy puppy momma. Who would've known? Apparently it was also the month I put a Pinterest DIY to work by decorating my house keys with nail polish.


APRIL
By far my favorite month of the entire year. It's my birthday month and it's Fiesta month in San Antonio which could only mean one thing - lots of outfit posts because your Baby Bake outfit is kind of a big deal to girls at my alma mater. And my sister decided to join me in an OOTD Work Attire post in March which turned out to be a favorite post of mine. 


MAY
In the mist of spending some quality time with some sorority sisters by making a trip to Austin for some Jason Aldean and signing up for a BYOB painting class (lots of fun!), J and I started puppy training with Winston by signing him up for classes at Petsmart.


JUNE
June is when I realized my blog posts now revolved around either Winston or Vegas. We saw some progress in Winston's puppy training in Week 5 (actually, we saw progress in Week 1. He's a smart puppy. The trainer was very much impressed. We rock as puppy parents!) Of course, he graduated from puppy training and then I went to Vegas, all in one big giant blog post in June. (FYI: There is some Jonas Brother love in that post. I nearly passed out at the idea of being in the same room at the Jonas Brothers.) And then I threw in a glam up your office area blog post, just because I had to change it up from too many Winston-related blog posts.


JULY
I had some exciting trips planned summer of 2013 so I had to blog about must travel essentials in order to not forget anything. In July I went to the happiest place on earth, Disneyland. Seriously, everything about Disneyland was magical. I'm making it a priority to spend my 25th birthday at Disneyland in 2014.


AUGUST
Something big and exciting happened. I was accepted into graduate school. I was both excited and nervous about going back to school, so to ease the nervous I turned to shopping and put together a back to school handbags post. In August, I also learned something new about my dog, Winston. He's a high maintenance dog.



SEPTEMBER
It was boring month since I was busy adjusting to some changes and learning how to balance graduate school and work. I shared some of my favorite make up items and Fall outfits from Pinterest. There was a lot of Winston and social life though, according to my Instagram.


OCTOBER
Some of my all time favorite blog posts happened in October. You may not know this but I am a fan of big handbags, so maintaining it organized is important. I shared a "what's in my handbag" post. (Except my handbag is now a mess thanks to all the Christmas shopping and countless receipts.) I also caved and bought an iPad so of course that led to the search for the perfect stylish iPad case. There was also some country music lovin' in Kyle, TX for JAB Fest. While the year was so good to me, October turned out to be a very difficult month. It was the month my grandfather passed away but I wasn't exactly ready to share it on my blog until almost exactly one month later, in November.


NOVEMBER
Maybe that's why I decided to change up my blog a big, name and design wise and post a little get to know me blog post with the change. A month after my grandfather's passing, I decided to blog about it mainly because I was overwhelmed by the continuous love and support my family had received. It was a blessing.

DECEMBER
I mean, do you really need a recap of December? Basically it was birthdays, reunions, celebrating the completion of my first semester of grad school and an unexpected eye cyst surgery.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment