Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August Goals

Taking a look back at July Goals, I am pretty darn proud of myself. I can’t believe the month flew by so quickly and that somehow I managed to accomplish a few of these goals. I think it’s because initially my mind was already set on these goals and how important it was for me to reach them. It was a busy month and every month moving forward is just going to get busier. Before I start listing this month’s goal, let’s take a look at last month’s goals:
 

BLOGGING goals: Success! I am loving Hootsuite and scheduling tweets ahead of time. I have also managed to schedule a few posts ahead of time to focus on school. It has been very helpful, which leads me to… 

ACADEMIC goals: Because I managed to schedule posts, I was able to keep up with my readings for school. Who knew staying on top of the reading material actually helped with writing your papers? 

HEALTH goals: Does drinking detox water throughout the day count? Other than that, I haven’t really made much of an effort to “eat healthier.” But I have cutten down on eating fast food, so that’s some progress. Right? I’m going to go with yes, that’s some progress. 




B L O G G I N G  goals 

Schedule more posts. With summer school being over, I have extra time to blog before Fall semester starts. I want to plan and schedule posts ahead of time, maybe even two weeks’ worth of posts instead of just one week ahead. 

Revamp “about me” page. I’m not happy with my about me page. I feel like it needs a makeover. Ashten from Always Ashten inspired me with her recent makeover spree. I’ve made some blog design changes, but now it’s time for the tedious changes – the blog pages. I think the “About Me” page is always the hardest because you have to talk about yourself. 

F I N A N C E  goals 

Make progress on clearing credit card debt. I paid off my biggest credit card balance last month (high five!) but I still have a long way to go. I think it’s time to break-up with my Victoria’s Secret Angel card. I don’t need another pair of expensive yoga pants. Target will be my new go to store for yoga pants. Plus, I’m not getting as many Angel “rewards” as I thought I would. Angel card, you’ll be gone by the end of this month. (I hope.) As for my Banana Republic card, I will never say goodbye to it. BR is too good to me and I love their rewards. Best store credit card ever! 

Set a weekly budget. I’ll admit, the majority of my money goes towards two of my favorite things: food and clothes. I want to start setting lunch money aside, since that’s the biggest one. I also need to cut back on reloading my Starbucks card. That alone kills my bank account. No more morning AND afternoon coffee runs for me. It’s detox water all day, every day for me now.  

H E A L T H  goals

Gym membership. Now that I have the whole “eat healthier” goal down, it’s time to hit the gym. Joseph and I decided the best way to achieve this goal is by going for it together. We have  two weddings to attend this year and we want to look like we actually do something other than eat and watch Netflix. We also decided to start running every other day at night. 

Get back on that skincare routine. Remember the nightly skincare routine I had down? Yeah, that only lasted for about a month or so. I need to set a strict skincare routine (morning and night) because I started breaking out again, but just a little.  It may also be because I’ve been horrible at taking my acne medication on time lately. I am the worst when it comes to remembering these things.

Have you set your goals for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment