Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Favorites + Super Fab Sponsor Spotlight

It's Friday! Well, for me, yesterday was my Friday. I'm enjoying a 4 day weekend. I'm hoping to use this time to do some homework, schedule posts well in advanced and get caught up on some of my favorite blog reads. There are a few exciting things to share, but first - let's jump into this week's Friday Favorites.


1. God has a great plan. I'm not going to lie, I tend to forget that God has a bigger plan, not just for me but for each and every one of us. If things don't go as planned, it's because He has a different plan for you. I like to go to Jeremiah 29:11 to remind myself of these things. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." The plan He had for me was to have those many doors closed on me before opening the door that was actually meant for me. I am happy to say I will be starting a new job in two weeks. I am beyond excited to start this new chapter in my life. All the hard work is starting to pay off and I cannot wait to see what else He has in store for me.

2. Falling for flannels. Lately I have been wanting to take a fashion risk and just buy a flannel shirt. I wasn't sure how I would style it but after finding a few cute flannel outfits on Pinterest, I think I am ready to give it a try.

3. Lauren Conrad gets married. Lauren Conrad got married last weekend and seeing the photos and tweets reminded me how much I miss watching Laguna Beach and The Hills. Where can I find the seasons so I can go on a watching binge? I love Lauren Conrad's style and personality.

4. Hello, iPhone 6. If you follow me on Twitter, then you already know that I was that person that woke up early and waited in line to get the new iPhone 6. Did I go to the Apple store and wait 5 hours in line? No. I went straight to the Verizon store where there were only like 25 people in line. #winning I am in love with the iPhone 6 and I cannot wait to use the crystal clear camera.

5. Comfy shoes. I have been eyeing these loafers and have been hunting them down. I think these are Tod's driving shoes. I've seen some similar Tory Burch ones but I need some at a decent pricey. They are perfect.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

SUPER FAB SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT

Today I would like to introduce y'all to Keizra from VIDALUXE Studio. Keizra is not only a fabulous Texas blogger (shout out!) but also a creative consultant. I've followed along her journey from 27th + Luxe to her now newly rebranded blog, VIDALUXE Studio where she shares her thoughts on being creative in blogland and helpful tips like advertising your blog. I am seriously in love with her rebrand. So, if you're a new blogger looking for some inspiration and tips on how to focus on creating a powerful story, visit Keizra's blog. 

fun little side note: when putting together this sponsor spotlight, i got distracted with the grey's anatomy portion. so many good quotes on pinterest. seriously cannot wait for the show to come back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment