Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Life Lately: I'm Alive!

Yes, I'm alive! Life has been a whirlwind. I don't even know where September went? Seeing as I've practically fallen off the face of blogland, I figured now would be the perfect time to write a "life lately" post.



Celebrations. While change may be scary, its a good thing. If you follow me on Instagram, you will know by now that I recently took a leap of faith and accepted a new job opportunity which, of course, means you get to celebrate with delicious food. (Thank you, boyfriend!) For the past two and a half years, I have been working in digital advertising and have gained great experience, met incredible people and grew as not only a professional but as an individual as well. I am beyond excited to start this new chapter in my life. Patience and prayer go a long way. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Weekend getaways. Its always nice being able to get away for a weekend to spend time with my boyfriend and his family. Fun fact: He's from a small town. Lucky for me, this weekend getaway happened at the perfect timing: right before my first day on the new job. I came back refreshed and ready to start this new chapter.

Weddings. Who doesn't love weddings? The weekend getaway included spending time with not only my boyfriends immediate family, but extended family as well. (Next month it will be his turn to spend time with my extended family at my cousin's wedding which I'm a bridesmaid for and currently going crazy and panicking about the final bridesmaid dress fitting, but that's another post.) This wedding was absolutely beautiful and to top it all off, they had a photobooth. Of course, we had to be the first ones to make our way to the wedding photobooth.

Disney's Beauty & the Beast. I am a Disney kid at heart. I will always be. I mean, I practically cried when I went to Disneyland for the first time last summer. So, when I missed the deadline to get discounted tickets at my work, my boyfriend worked his magic and was able to get some tickets. But, it got even better! When I found out the seats he got were in the 5th row, dead center, I was beyond excited. I was practically pushing every little girl in their Belle costume out of my way to make sure I got my seat before the show started. (Just kidding. No mini Belle was harmed.)

Other than that - life lately has been pretty hectic. Midterms are coming up, so that's no fun. But, it's October which means Halloween, scary movie marathons and candy corn. I need to start brainstorming Halloween costume ideas. Any good DIY costume Pinterest boards?


No comments:

Post a Comment