Friday, January 16, 2015

2014 Favorites




JANUARY

Yes, Cosmopolitan magazine liked my Instagram photo of my deliciously looking avocado & egg breakfast toast and I kind of freaked out a little. If you’re a fan of avocado, I recommend you try this.

FEBRUARY
I’m obsessed with coffee mugs, especially with the ones I pick up at different travel destinations, but these are perfect for a little “pick me up” when working long hours at the office.

Because celebrating the big five year anniversary was a pretty big deal. I’m excited to celebrate six years with this boy in less than a month!

MARCH

I checked off New Orleans off my travel list. It was a short and quick trip, but definitely one to remember. I discovered Bourbon St., the French Quarter and Jackson Squared, enjoyed beignets and NOLA food.
It was one of my first outfit posts and my attempt at being a “fashion blogger.” It’s basically a how-to build an outfit from your own closet and your sister’s closet.

APRIL

I have been looking for the perfect night skincare. I have acne prone skin and have struggled with cystic acne for a little over a year now. My skincare routine has changed since last April though, but the Clarisonic and Epiduo gel are still a huge part of my routine.

Fiesta is my favorite time of the year, and the best way to kick off Fiesta is Homecoming Weekend at my alma mater. I may or may not be counting down already for this year’s Baby Bake weekend. 

MAY
This Vegas trip made me realize that it’s time to take a break from visiting Vegas twice a year. I am too old for that now. I had to take numerous naps, only went out one night, and was exhausted from all the walking; shopping all over the Vegas strip. But, it was fun and it was for my sister’s 21st birthday.

Another favorite because somehow I managed to make a small closet organized. It’s not easy fitting in all these clothes in a tiny closet, but I made it work. Take that, large, beautiful, extravagant Pinterest closets!

JUNE

A popular post and one of my all-time favorites would have to be this one. Pinterest makes life ten times more difficult. From home décor to wedding planning to DIY projects, Pinterest makes decision-making hard.  

Yes, another Pinterest meal that includes avocado. It’s a quick and easy meal to prepare for work.

JULY


July had so many favorites. I discovered detox water and became obsessed with it. My boyfriend and I attended our first ever John Legend concert after being a fan of his for years and years, and wow! The best concert experience ever. His show was so good; we decided to see him again at the rodeo next month.

AUGUST

I am a lifestyle blogger who likes to occasionally share outfits of the day. Occasionally. Especially when it’s a great H&M find.

Weekend FindsAnd when I’m too lazy to pose for outfit of the day shots (aka, forget to take a photo) I like to just share my weekend shopping finds.

SEPTEMBER


September was another month full of favorites. Future planning has me obsessed with home décor, Fall attire is my favorite, including scarves, and finding things to do on your days off is always nice.

OCTOBER

Fall is my favorite season for two reasons: chunky sweaters and cute fall dates.

This particular “Life Lately” post was a favorite because it was filled with so many exciting events. I celebrated starting a new job, spent the weekend at my boyfriend’s hometown for his cousin’s wedding, and went to a Broadway show, Beauty and the Beast.

NOVEMBER & DECEMBER


November and December were boring months, mainly because I usually step away from blogland to: (a) focus on finals, (b) enjoy the holidays and (c) refocus. I only had one favorite post in both months, and that was my list of books to read over the holidays, and in life. I’m always adding to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment