Wedding Planning Essentials



Wedding Planner
Find the perfect wedding planner and organizer that works for you. For me, it was The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer. I’m the kind of person that likes lists. All kinds of lists, with timelines to make me feel like I’m actually making progress as I’m checking off items off our checklist.

Wedding Magazines

Now, at first, wedding magazines made me feel extremely overwhelmed and stressed. The amount of information and wedding themes is crazy but after my mom marked a million sticky notes on one wedding magazines with ideas, I became inspired. Wedding magazines have photos and stories from real weddings, so that’s become helpful.

Planner/Calendar

I cannot stress how important it is to keep a small planner/calendar with you in your purse to note all the appointments with wedding vendors. It helps with avoiding double-booking appointments with vendors and having to cancel and reschedule which will lead to even more wedding stress. Less stress, more fun.

Journal
Instead of writing all wedding ideas on post-it notes that will most likely get lost, I like to jot them down in a cute journal from Ashley Brooke Designs that way if I ever need to go back to something, it’s all in one place.

The Knot App

I kid you not, The Knot app is how I found my wedding dress. I searched based on the style, fitting, price range. You can’t do that on Pinterest. On Pinterest, you find a dress you love, click on the pin and it turns out its available states away. With the app, I was able to find where the dress was available in my city.

Photo
For me, I like keeping a photo of us as a reminder that in the end, it’s not about perfecting your dream wedding or mirroring the wedding pins on Pinterest or the wedding planning stress. It’s about you and your future hubby. It’s about starting a life together as one.


Happy wedding planning!

Labels: