My Daily Night Skincare Routine

Hello!Today I wanted to share my daily skincare routine because I'm always trying new skincare products and I love to read about what works for people. Personally, I've never had problems with acne until very recently. After two years of struggling with eye chalazions, I finally got that under control but then it was hellooooo acne cysts. And I'm not talking about just a few acne cysts. I'm talking about getting 3-5 acne cysts every 3-4 weeks. I had to get steroid shots to get rid of some because they were just painful and annoying. They like to think they're here to stay but no. I'm determined to figure this out. So, aside from sticking with my dermatologist's prescribed medication, I'm trying to find a good skincare night routine that will help prevent acne cysts, get rid of oily skin and clear my face. I want to wake up flawless like Queen B and be able to say I woke up like this without having to cover up with layers upon layers of makeup. But for now, this is my daily skincare night routine.

 Skincare Routine

STEP 1: REMOVE MAKEUP
I have sensitive skin, so the Aveeno makeup wipes are great! It doesn't burn or leave my face red. I also use Clinique eye makeup remover to get rid of the tough eye makeup -- like eye shadow, mascara, and eyeliner -- and then go back to using another Aveeno makeup wipe to clean off any makeup that was left behind.

STEP 2: RINSE FACE & EXFOLIATE
I like to rinse my face with water after removing my makeup with makeup wipes. Once I'm in the shower, I use my Clarisonic Mia 2. I just recently invested in this little beauty and I am in love with it. I am so glad I bought it. I can't believe I have waited this long to invest in one. It's very gentle on my skin. I use the sensitive brushes since I am on acne treatment. I like to use the Clarisonic Mia 2 with the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cleanser

STEP 3: APPLY TREATMENT OR MOISTURIZE
For me, the last step to my daily skincare routine is applying the Epiduo gel treatment as recommended to me by my dermatologist. It's an alternative to Accutane. It treats severe acne. I'm suppose to apply it every night but it makes my skin so dry, that I only use it every other day. On the days I don't use it, I make sure I moisturize using the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer. (I need to go back to using it every day because I'm not seeing fast results.)

Again, this is my personal skincare night routine that has been working for me so far. I am no skincare expect, although I wish I was. Otherwise, I would have clear skin. I use this skincare routine on top of the acne treatment that my dermatologist has me on (Epiduo gel, birth control and Doxycycline) so I'm hoping to see my skin clear up within the next few months. I dodged the bullet of having no acne as a teenager but now it's like boom! I'm not so lucky after all. 

What skincare products do you recommend for acne prone skin? 



Labels: