Life Lately: Celebrating 3 Months Engaged

It has been more than two months since I blogged and that is unacceptable. But, I will say this. I am totally okay with it because it has allowed me to enjoy engaged life to its fullest. It has been the most amazing experience I could ever imagine. From sharing our proposal story to celebrating our engagement with family and friends to popping the question to my bridal party, it has been quite the journey and I want to share what we've been up to since I last blogged. (By the way, the last time I blogged was The Bachelor's finale and the big twist and now the new season of The Bachelorette just started this week and yes, I am just as hooked to the show as I was two months ago.)

say yes to the dress

Wedding Planning

Joseph and I had our hearts set on getting married on our anniversary month so we set the date to be the following February, giving us exactly 12 months to plan our special day. We started off planning with the idea that we wanted something big and grand, but after touring a small venue site, we decided we wanted to keep it small and intimate to make it even more meaningful to us. We want to celebrate our day with close family and friends in an intimate setting. As soon as we booked our venue, everything else started to fall into place. We booked our venue, church, photographer and videographer. I have also already said yes to the dress! I am in love with my dress. It's simple, comfortable, and perfectly reflects my style. I will admit, I am a little sad the wedding dress shopping experience has come to an end. It was so much fun trying on all these dresses! And, I popped the question to my bridal party.

Graduate School

When we set the date for our wedding, it didn't occur to me that it would be weeks before comp exams would be due since I planned on graduating next May 2016. There is no way I am going to be finishing up wedding planning, get married and enjoy our honeymoon while completing my comp exams and graduating. I decided to push graduating to a semester earlier, this coming December 2015. It's going to be a tough 6 months but that's what marriage is about. Meeting halfway and going the extra mile to make sure you have a good life together. Making adjustments to your life plans and compromising. I want to marry my best friend and enjoy our honeymoon with my master's degree under my belt already.

ACM Awards 50

Social Life

Somehow I managed to squeeze in some social outings into my life in the midst of wedding planning, work and school. The biggest event being the 50th Academy of Country Music Awards. I have mixed feelings about it. It was fun but very unorganized, paid a fortune for floor/GA seats with the idea that we would be by the stage (first come, first serve) but no. We were far from the stage. The Party For A Cause Concert was delayed by 3.5 hours due to the weather. They made it seem like it was cancelled so we left. People we met said the one in Vegas was much better and much more organized. But, about two weeks later, I got to enjoy going to a Kacey Musgraves concert which was amazing!

That's what has been going on in my life lately, in summary. I will be spending Memorial Day weekend in Phoenix/Sedona and cannot wait to share pictures from that trip! Joseph and I will finally get a chance to get away and relax, drink some wine and have a good time with my pledge sister and her fiance. I'll be catching up on some of my favorite bloggers' lives and scrolling through my Bloglovin' newsfeed and browsing Pinterest for some wedding inspiration/

Labels: